Wednesday 24 August 2016

First post!

Hello,

I'm just someone who recently started playing Riichi Mahjong a couple months ago at the Singapore Riichi Mahjong club and on Tenhou.

The way I play Riichi Mahjong is largely influenced from the 2 years I spent playing competitive Hearthstone (though I've since quit Hearthstone). Some of the principles I took from Hearthstone were to understand the meta, your opponents' "class" or playing style, and to stay unconventional so that the opponent cannot perfectly predict your cards, while optimizing efficiency and milking value in every one of your turns.

I used to play a bit of Chinese Mahjong, but never quite as competitively as how I'm currently playing and learning Japanese Mahjong.

This blog is to log the notes from my learning journey. It's not easy playing Mahjong in a male-dominated club, and I have a stubbornly perfectionist personality so I'm irked by every mistake I make, but I'm happy to strengthen my new skill and learn from others.

そろそろ、始めましょうか

Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment